Name correction
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Deke [ Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Name correction

I have just found some pioneer family members at; ... p?id=23693
The surname is spelled incorrectly ... CURRIE ... not CURRY.
The Robert Currie, 20, listed is my
From here this family moved to Wawanosh Township, Huron County.
There is also listed a William Currie, 8 yrs, whom I have never encountered downline before. How or where do I go next to find more about him ?
Thanx in advance,

Author:  Alain Dawson [ Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Name correction


No change required because the transcription reflects what the enumerator wrote.
Also no alternate surname is required because Currie and Curry have the same soundex code: C600.

What if I find an error in the original census?
If the error is in the original census document:

- a surname note provides an alternate surname spelling and allows the members of this family to be identified in the result of a search done on this alternate spelling. When entering a surname note, indicate if it applies to the entire family or only to this individual. Also, please include the bibliographical reference to the source that corroborates the surname provided, and if applicable, add an associated note.

You will find much more information on this at Surname Notes

-for a discrepancy in the given name, gender, and/or date of birth - an online or off-line birth record link is the preferred way to annotate the correct information.


Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group